Saturday, October 15, 2011

Waterfront Outreach: 10/15/11




Today we had quite a turn out downtown (at least on the evangelists side of things).  There were nearly a dozen people there with the intention of sharing the gospel in one way, shape or form.  I finally got back up on the box for the first time since July and, though it was scary, it felt really good.  

Carlen got up to preach first this morning and I couldn't help but totally dig his sweatshirt.  He preached a very biblical message and it struck me how kind he was in the middle of his sermon to help a lady get a leaf out of her hair.  I know it seems like a small thing, but I think him doing that really shows his heart for how he cares about people, weather it is helping them with a small aspect of their physical appearance, or giving them the life saving message of the gospel.

After Carlen, I got up to preach.

I hadn't preached since late July and in another state, so to say that I was rusty was an understatement.  I tried tying in the "Occupy Portland" movement with my own spin by using "Occupy Heaven" as a tie in.  Foolishly, I tried to depend on my own cleverness instead of simply preaching the gospel, and my preaching suffered because of it.  I should have a video of it posted here soon.  Kind criticism and advice is welcomed. 

Justin  got up and preached after that.  Jared was confronted by someone asking where Cain got his wife (a common objection that is easily answered).  I only caught part of it because I was talking with my friend Jared, who came out for the first time to witness (praise God for his willingness and spirit!) and ended up talking to a man named Todd for quite a while.  Todd's father is having some major health concerns at the moment, so please keep him in your prayers.  Also keep Todd in your prayers as he is wrestling with his faith at the moment.

It was a great day to be down there and I can't wait to try out the prayer stand next week.  My mother (bless her) has the flu and was unable to finish the sign.  

If you would like to join us one day, let me know.

God bless you!

Kneel


No comments:

Post a Comment