Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heart: Crying


The only way that I can really properly describe my emotions when thinking about evangelism is like my heart is crying.  Crying in two different ways:
  1. Crying for the lost.  Knowing that so many people in my life do not have a relationship with Christ is heartbreaking.  My desire to keep relationships with these people does hinder my boldness in speaking to them.  I feel so convicted in not speaking out more to them.
  2. Crying out to share the gospel.  I have a passion to share the gospel with others more than anything else in my life.  I desire to share with everyone: friends, family, coworkers, young people, old people...everyone.  
It is never fun to go share the gospel when rejection or persecution are so common (yet so mild in comparison to so many places around the world), but, in the words of REO Speedwagon, "I can't fight this feelin' anymore!".

Does anyone else out there feel like others look at them like "You are obsessed with evangelism?".  My only thought is "How are you NOT?!?".  I know I can't judge the hearts of professing believers, but man, it shocks me how few people who claim to believe that Jesus is the only way can just not talk to people about it.  Maybe it is because I am young christian (Born again March 2007); full of energy.  I don't know.  I just feel so compelled.  

Am I the only one who feels this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment