Friday, October 14, 2011

Gleefully Excited About the Prayer Stand


(This prayer stand isn't the one I built.  I will be posting a picture and instructions on how I made mine in a later post.)

Tomorrow I go out to the streets of Portland to witness for the first time in almost three months.  It has been a long time since I have witnessed on the street, and I am going with a new tool: My own home made Prayer Stand.  Ever since I fist heard about the prayer stand in late July, I have been dying to get one.  Finally after two months of gathering funds, materials, ideas and help from various places, I will finally get out there with my buddy Jared and my dad to witness to the lost at the "Occupy Portland" site.

I am very excited to see what happens over the next few months with this project.  My hope is that, without committing the sin of pride, I can lead and encourage other believers to get out there and share their faith.  My church has been very supportive and I hope that I can honor them with my behavior as a servant leader.

I remember my first time sharing my faith in public was pretty scary...and incredibly rewarding.  The very first person I had approached was a homeless man in his late 20's - early 30's.  It was obvious that he has been without a shower for a while and told me that he had a past of serious drug use and that he had killed someone.  I'm not kidding.  Not that I want to read to much into things, but in retrospect, I wonder if the enemy wanted him to be my first experience to scare me off.  Now it did scare me, but the leading I feel from the Lord is so strong, that I don't think anything could stop me.  I feel like my life's purpose has finally been discovered.  It's like I finally know what God really wants me to do...and i'm totally hooked.

Please pray for me, Jared and my father that we would all honor God with our behavior.

Kneel

No comments:

Post a Comment